Remote Psychological First-Aid
Psychological first aid is provided to individuals in distress to help them cope better with emotional and mental challenges. It promotes personal well-being and the ability to manage responses to external sources of stress. Psychological first aid skills are particularly important during the COVID-19 outbreak, which has brought on significant stress and anxiety for individuals worldwide. This training program aims to teach learners how to use empathy, active listening, and problem-solving skills to provide psychological first aid to themselves and to others when needed.
- Learn how to take care of yourself and of others during times of crisis
- Recognize the signs of stress in yourself and in others
- Recognize the importance of self-care during times of stress and crisis
- Understand the basic principles of practicing psychological first aid
- Develop appropriate strategies for managing stress related to the COVID-19 outbreak
- Develop appropriate strategies for supporting family members, friends, and coworkers during the COVID-19 outbreak
- Understand the principles of Training of Trainers (ToT)
How does it work?
The training material will be delivered by one of our specialists either virtually or at our office in downtown London, Ontario. The training includes an evaluation process to monitor learner progress. Contact us to book a training session for your team or for any other inquiries.