Our psychotherapy services are covered by several types of insurance. Most commonly, our clients are covered under the three following types of insurance.
Interim Federal Health Program:
- Medavie Blue Cross offers the IFHP coverage to resettled refugees, refugee claimants, and other groups who are not eligible for provincial health insurance.
- If you have IFHP coverage, you need a referral from a medical professional, such as a general practitioner, to receive our psychotherapy services.
- We offer direct billing for IFHP insurance carriers.
Extended Health Care Benefits:
- Extended health care insurance plans are usually provided by employers and organizations to supplement existing provincial health insurance.
- If you are an employee or a university student, check with your organization whether you have extended health coverage and what it entails.
- If your coverage includes psychotherapy services, you do not need a referral from a medical professional to receive our services. Contact us directly to book an appointment.
- We do not offer direct billing for this type of insurance. You must make an insurance claim yourself. Refer to our billing page to learn more.
- If you have been in a motor vehicle accident, one of our specialists will perform a psychological MVA assessment to determine the degree of psychological dysfunction resulting from the accident and submit a report to your automobile insurer.
- If approved, your automobile insurer will provide coverage for your treatment plan.
- You do not need a referral from a medical professional to receive a psychological MVA assessment.
- We offer direct billing for MVA insurance claims.