Increasing psychological awareness and knowledge (RISE)
The purpose of this module is to improve an understanding of workplace stressors that increase the risk of compassion fatigue and psychological distress and common assumptions and barriers to seeking help. Module 2 will demonstrate why people who work as frontline professionals are particularly likely to have higher levels of burnout, and the consequences of maladaptive responses. Participants will also learn how to craft a personal mission statement.
- Explain the concept of compassion fatigue
- Describe the symptoms and signs of secondary trauma and burnout
- List the risk factors for compassion fatigue and psychological distress
- Understand where participants stand on the compassion fatigue and wellbeing spectrum
- Discuss training goals
At the end of Module 2, participants should be able to:
- Recognize signs of maladaptive responses to workplace stress
- Understand workplace triggers that may have contributed to compassion fatigue and psychological distress along their career paths
- Understand the causes of the silencing response and recognize its signs.
- Develop a personal/professional mission statement.
- Identify personal barriers to seeking help
- Create a personal/professional timeline.